mdbrain is intended for automatic labeling, visualization, and volumetric quantification of 3D MRI data of the head. The software automates the currently manual process of identifying, labeling, and volumetric calculation of segmented brain structures on 3D MRI images. The calculated volumetric data, in addition to the image data at hand, can assist radiologists in detecting neurological diseases.
Images shown for illustrative purposes only.
~29% and ~21% improved nodules detection
Riverain's AI suppression technology removes structures that can camouflage cancer and lung disease. 1,2
~26% and ~20% faster nodule search time
ClearRead CT technology helps radiologists see through the complexity to better detect abnormalities.1,2
Higher inter-reader agreement rates2
For CalanticTM software version 1.0.0, no prior study will be examined.
|Sequence||Module||Sequence Type||Gd+||In Plane Resolution (mm)||Slice Thickness (mm)||Spacing Between Slices (mm)||Inversion time (mm)|
|recommended (very good)||allowed (good)||recommended (very good)||allowed (good)||recommended (very good)||allowed (good)||recommended (very good)||allowed (good)|
|3D-T1w||Volumetry||Gradient Echo (GE) w/wo inversion pulse (IR)||N||1.1||1.2||1.1||2.0||1.1||2.0||600 to 1500||all|
|T1w||Lesion||Gradient Echo (GE) w/wo inversion plus (IR)||Y/N||1.1||1.2||1.1||5||1.1||7||600 to 1500||all|
|T2-FLAIR||Lesion||Inversion pulse (IR) w/wo Spin Echo (SE) tag||Y/N||1.5||2.5||3||5||3||7||1500 to 3000||1500 to 3000|
|TOF||Aneurysm||Gradient Echo (GE) w/wo inversion pulse (IR)||N||0.7||1||1||1.5||n.a.||n.a.|
The Volumetry Report summarizes the volumetric calculations of different brain volumes performed by mdbrain and presents them both visually and in tabular form:
- Clinically relevant slices: representation of current 3D T1 images divided in 5 group (mesio-temporal, fronto-parietal, fronto-polar, temporo-polar, and mesencephalon/ pons).
- Total brain volume: tabular representation of the measured total brain volumes, the percentile values [in %], the volumes [in ml], and normal range of whole brain, total White matter, total gray matter, and cerebral cortex. If a prior scan is available, longitudinal volumetry is performed.
- Percentile graphs of the volumetric evaluation over the course of time. A total of 6 brain regions are displayed: Total brain, Total grey matter, Hippocampus R+L, Frontotemporal R+L, Parietal lobe R+L and Lateral ventricle R+L.
- Representation of regional brain volume: calculated percentile values and volumes [in ml], and normal range [in ml.]
- Supratentorial volumes: calculated values for grey matter values for the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, occipital lobe, temporal lobe, the mesiotemporal region, and the hippocampus, separately for the left and right hemisphere of the brain.*Regions of the basal ganglia and subregions of the temporal lobe can be added.
- Infratentorial volumes: calculated values for brainstem mesencephalon, pons, and cerebellar cortex.
- Ventricular volumes: calculated values for lateral ventricle right, lateral ventricle left, third ventricle, and fourth ventricle.
The Lesion Report: the lesion characterization performed by mdbrain is summarized and presented both visually and in tabular form:
- Spatial distribution of lesions: The spatial distribution is taken into account and differentiated into the following regions according to MAGNIMS criteria: Periventricular, Juxtacortical, Infratentorial, Deep white matter (subcortical).
- If the system is provided with image data from several examinations, it automatically selects the last two examinations for comparative evaluation.
- The detected lesions are classified into the categories "new", "old" and "enlarged"
- Representation of the lesion volumes [ml] and the number of lesions in the different regions (periventricular, juxtacortical, infratentorial, deep white matter) as well as the total lesion volume [ml] and the total number of lesions.
- If prior images can be used for analysis, the table contains the total lesion volume [ml] and the total number of lesions at the last two points of examination.
- New and enlarged lesions (compared to the previous study) are listed separately as "new" or "enlarged" and subsumed for the different regions.
Aneurysm Report: the aneurysm characterization performed by mdbrain is summarized and presented both visually and in tabular form.
- Visual representation: The largest aneurysm is displayed with bounding boxes in all 3 orientations.
- Tabular representation: lists all detected aneurysms with volume and largest diameter. When prior scans are available also the annual growth of the Aneurysm is calculated.
EU risk class and CE marking
mdbrain has CE marking (CE0123) and risk class IIb.
No contraindications given.
Volumetry: Individuals with an intracranial volume between 1000 ml and 2200 ml and an age between 10 and 99 years
Lesion segmentation: Individuals with an age between 18 and 90 years.
Aneurysm: Individuals of any age.
Healthcare professionals who treat and/or diagnose patients with a neurological disorder.
- For volumetry analysis, patients with an age outside the range of 10-99 years or those with tumour or stroke; accurate results cannot be guaranteed
- Lesion characterization: Accurate results for patients with tumour or stroke cannot be guaranteed
- The algorithm currently only detects saccular aneurysms and neglects fusiform